Targets Melanin Production in Five Different Ways
1. Melanocytes, melanin-producing cells located in the bottom layer of the skin’s epidermis, naturally move upwards. BrightLight slows down this process of ‘melanin transfer’.
2. It breaks down the process of melanin production in melanocytes. It does this by inhibiting both tyrosinase and a-MSH – the enzyme and peptide-hormone responsible for melanin production. a-MSH is triggered by hormones, while tyrosinase is trigged by both hormones and UV (both artificial and natural).
3. Melanin that is already present on the skin is exfoliated away thanks to the inclusion of pumpkin & papaya enzymes and passionfruit & grape AHAs.
4. Reduces free-radical and inflammatory induced pigmentation (caused by acne and scaring).
5. Binds copper to prevents its use in melanin production.
NANOBRIGHT, OSKIA’s own encapsulated liposome includes Glutathione – the body’s key antioxidant and tripeptide that unfortunately decreases as we age; natural Arbutin (from Bearberry leaf) both of which inhibit the enzyme Tyrosinase (which stimulates melanin production within the melanocytes); and antioxidants Vitamins C & E. 0.4% of Nanobright inhibits melanin formation by 74%. OSKIA uses 5%.
ENCAPSULATED SWISS GARDEN CRESS LIPOSOMES, rich in Sulforaphane, inhibit the hormone a-MSH to reduce melanin production by 44% using 0.4%. OSKIA uses 2%.
MSM boosts the power of Glutathione and increases the production of pheomelanin, the type of melanin that is found in fair-skinned people, relative to eumelanin, the darker type of melanin.
SODIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE (Stay C-50), a new stable and potent form of Vitamin C, reduces melanogenisis in the melanocytes by 57% and reduces age spots by 25% using 0.14%. OSKIA uses 6%.
NIACINAMIDE (Vitamin B3) inhibits the transfer of the melanosomes to the surrounding keratinocytes by up to 68% and inhibits inflammatory mediators, reducing post-inflammatory hyper-pigmentation, and increasing over-all skin lightening by 26% in 8 weeks at 5%. OSKIA uses 5%.
ZINC GLYCINATE stimulates the formation of an antioxidant protein to bind Copper and inhibit the production of melanin and reduces Tyrosinase.
PASSIONFRUIT & GRAPE AHAS with PUMPKIN & PAPAYA ENZYMES gently exfoliate away current surface melanin as well as dead skin cells to boost regeneration & smoothness.
FERMENTED MINERAL POLYPEPTIDE MIX, OSKIA’S own fermented mineral complex delivers Magnesium, Iron, Zinc and Silicon in bio-available form for a full skin cell health boost.
PREBIOTICS help to protect the skin’s natural flora for optimum skin health by preventing the colonization of harmful bacteria.
SODIUM HYALURONATE, low molecular, weight to deeply hydate and plump.